Our goal is to help you connect with the Trends in Education you’ll most likely see in 2018. It is the endeavor of teachers to prepare their wards in such a way that they can face the challenges that life throws at them at all times.
Given the omnipresence of technology, gadgets will come as accessible instruments to favor technology-centric teaching methods. Along with this, the time is ripe to focus on personalized learning so that every student learns at his own pace to transform into a knowledgeable and responsible citizen. All such developments are lined up for the teacher-student fraternities as part of promising educational trends in 2018.
Here is the rundown of all such educational trends that will make their strong presence felt in 2018.
Trends In Education 1: Career-Centric Programs
- It is now time for school leaders and teachers to make the most of opportunities that help them take on the role of trained leaders and mentors. They will now be able to impact the lives of other students in more ways than you can imagine. These groups of individuals will involve themselves in induction programs by extending support and mentoring students as part of building up their careers. Such programs will not only benefit students to develop management skills but will also lead to the retention of new teachers.
- This can be seen as a promising career-support initiative that will weave magic in the lives of both students and teachers alike. Such opportunities are waiting to be unleashed by teachers who will carve a niche for themselves so as to tread the path of professional development.
The Impressive Presence of Technology
- Teachers and students will be in a favorable position to leverage the benefits of technology in education. Young children are already tapping the potential of Flipgrid; a platform which promotes social learning. This is a community learning interface which allows students to share knowledge through online discussions about various topics.
- It is through short videos that students share their responses by participating in various learning dialogues. Tagged as a simple yet powerful means, it is through Flipgrid that teachers can encourage student engagement. All those young learners who lack writing abilities now have a platform to express themselves through this creative learning platform.
The Prominence of Screen Capture Videos
- Another impressive use of technology to learning and teaching comes in the form of screen capture videos. These are identified as the next big thing that will enable teachers to assess the assignments of students, permitting them to share personalized feedback.
- Through a screen capture video, educators in 2018 can record a lecture, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of students by displaying their assignments online. Students get to learn their innate positives and areas of improvement through this form of online feedback. This trend of receiving feedback via a laptop screen is poised to continue in 2018 as a promising means to modern teaching and learning mechanisms.